Wondering how you can connect Sony WH-1000XM4 to Mac? The most excruciating thing when you buy a new device is how to operate it. Sony WH-1000XM4 is one of those devices, they are a delight, but only when you know how to manage them effortlessly.
Sony WH-1000XM4 is an excellent device. They are easy to carry, lightweight, stylish, and can be easily operated Once you get a hold of its operations, you can easily connect them to any device, whether it is a Mac, your phone, TV, or your car. All you have to do is charge them overnight like any other gadget and then you are good to go the next day.
Unfortunately, many users find connecting Sony WH-1000XM4 to their Mac a little tricky, especially if it is frequently disconnecting and you are new to the gadget. In this guide, we have explained how you can connect Sony wh-1000xm4 to Mac properly.
How To Connect Sony WH-1000XM4 to Mac?
Before trying to connect your Sony headphones to your Mac, make sure it is running on MacOS 10.10 or later. Older MacOS versions might not work fully with the Sony headphones.
Mac is developed in such a way that it is compatible with every Bluetooth device, its simple-to-use UI makes it even easier to operate.
1. Switch on your headphones and put them on “pair”
The first step is the obvious one, all you have to do is switch ON Sony headphones and put them into pairing mode.
You can turn on your device by pressing the power button, and keep pressing it, Once the blue LED light on the device goes on, your device is turned on and is ready to pair.
Once your Sony WH-1000XM4 is ready to pair it can be easily discoverable by the other devices.
Keep in mind that if your headphones are brand new, all you have to do is switch them on by simply clicking the power button once, and they will be ready to pair with other devices.
2. Turn on your Mac Bluetooth
Once you have successfully switched on the Sony wh-1000xm4 headphones, now it’s time to jump to the Mac, like the headphones the first step to switch on the Mac, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on the Apple icon, which is located at the top left corner of the screen, the settings menu will open on your screen.
- From the menu, click on the System Setting; from the panel on the left of your screen, click Bluetooth.
- Now turn on your Bluetooth. Once it is turned on, your Mac will start searching for the available devices within reach of your device.
- Your Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones will be displayed under the ‘Nearby Devices’ list, Besides the device name you will find the “Connect” option.
Once your devices are successfully connected, your headphones will notify you.
How Many Devices Can Connect to Sony WH-1000XM4 at a Time?
At one time you can connect 8 different devices with your Sony WH-1000XM4, however, at one time you will only be able to listen to audio from one device.
When you connect one extra to the Sony Wh-1000x M4, the first device you connect with will be removed from your headphones to make place from the 9th one.
How to Unpair Sony WH-1000XM4?
Once you are done using the headphones and want to unpair or delete your Sony Wh-1000XM4 from your Mac, follow the given steps:
- Go back to settings, and click on Bluetooth.
- Under Bluetooth, you will find the list of paired devices. From that list locate the Sony headphones and click on the grey button in front of the headphone’s name to unpair your device.
And just with these easy and simple steps, you can unpair Sony WH-1000xM4.
How to Fix Sony WH-1000XM4 Not Connecting to Mac | Troubleshooting and Errors
If your Sony WH-1000XM4 doesn’t work when you connect them to your Mac, here are some of the fixes you can use to troubleshoot the issue.
- Restart Your Device
- Click the Apple logo. It is located at the top left corner of your Mac.
- A pop-up menu will open on your screen. Among the options click “Restart.”
This will fix the minor glitches and bugs that might be preventing you from connecting your devices.
- Turn Off Other Paired Devices
Your Mac may be connecting to other devices instead of your Sony Headphones. To stop this disconnect the previously synced devices, and your problem is solved.
- Bring the Headphone Closer To the Device
It is also vital that your Headphones and Mac are within range in order tocted smoothly.
Make sure both devices are only a few inches apart from each other while you are connecting and using them.
- Check MacOS
If you haven’t updated the Mac in a while, that may be the reason why Sony WH-1000xM4 won’t connect to your Mac.
- To check for recent updates, click the Apple logo at the top left corner of your screen.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen, click “About This Mac.”
A pop-up will appear on the screen. To update the software, click Software Update….and update your Mac.
- Update Headphones
Similar to your Mac, your Sony WH-1000XM4 must be also running on the most recent version to seamlessly connect with your Mac.
- To update your headphones, download the software update on your mobile device on which the “Sony Headphones Connect” app is installed.
- Take your Sony WH-1000XM4 and transfer the update from the mobile to the headphones.
- Following the instructions on the screen, update your Sony headphones.
These were all the details that you needed on How to Connect Sony WH-1000xm4 to Mac. I hope the steps and points were extremely easy for you to follow and understand. With that, we are at the end of the article, we hope we were able to guide you through the process properly. Let us know in the comment section if there is anything we can add to the content of the article.