Did you get your hands on a new Sengled Bulb? Let’s connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa to brighten up your haven. The Sengled Bulb has made our dream smart home a reality. You can now control every Sengled light bulb in your house from the comfort of your couch or your workstation, thanks to Alexa.
That’s right all you have to do is connect Sengled Bulb To Alexa, and you can turn on/off the lights, you can even adjust the brightness depending on your mood all you have to do is command “Alexa………..” and sit back. Don’t know how? I’ve got you.
In the article below, I have explained the process of how you can connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa and what you can do if you are failing to do so. Let’s get started.
How to Connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa
The process to connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa is fairly simple. There are a few key points to remember when you start the process and you should be done in no time.
Firstly, ensure that your Alexa is up to date. To check for new updates, command Alexa to “check for pending updates.” It will either come back to you with a new/pending update to reply that Alexa is already up to date.
Secondly, you have to put the Sengled light on the pairing mode. To do that, screw in the new Sengled bulb to a lamp or light fixture and turn on the light.
When the light flashes two times, it is ready to be paired. Now follow these steps to connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa:
- Go to Alexa, and command it to search for nearby devices.
- As Alexa tells you that it is searching for nearby available devices, the Sengled Bulb should blink once more to indicate that it is working on connecting with Alexa.
- Wait for at least a minute, Alexa will then notify you that it has been successfully connected to the Sengled light bulb. You should be able to control the Sengled bulb by telling Alexa to turn it on, turn it off, and adjust the brightness of the bulb.
You can also ask Alexa to add the Sengled Bulb to a group so that you can control a group of lights simultaneously. For Eg. ask Alexa to add a Sengled bulb to the “home lights” group, this way you will be able to turn on/off all the Sengled bulbs together.
How to Connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa: Manually
If you weren’t able to connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa by the method mentioned above, you can follow this alternate method to finish the job.
- Firstly, install the Alexa app on your mobile device and log in with your Amazon account.
- Once on the home screen, go to the tabs at the bottom of the screen, and click on devices.
- Next, go to the top right corner of the screen and click on the “plus icon” to add the Sengled bulb to Alexa.
- A new menu will pop up on the screen, among the available options, click on “add a device.”
- Click on “lights.”
- A list of all the available brands that can be connected to Alexa will be displayed on your screen, scroll down and locate “Sengled.” The brand names are arranged alphabetically so it should be easy to locate.
- Check the logo on your Sengled bulb, if it matches the one displayed on your screen, click “Yes.” If not, click No. Continue with the same process until the logo on your Sengled bulb matches the one displayed on your mobile screen.
- Press next and Alexa will start searching for the Sengled bulb to start the connection process.
- Once the bulb is connected, Alexa will ask you whether you want to add it to a group or skip the process. You can add the bulb to a custom group or select the default ones.
The process is done, you can now go back to the home screen, and select “lights” to manage and alter the lights settings if you want, if not, just command Alexa to switch on/off the lights and it will do so.
You can also manage the brightness of the Sengled bulb according to your liking.
Connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa: Why Isn’t it Working
If you have tried and failed to connect Sengled Bulb to Alexa or Alexa is unresponsive to your commands, there might be numerous issues that are resulting in the problem.
First thing first, ensure that your Alexa isn’t on “do not disturb” or muted mode, once that is out of the way, you can check the following troubleshooters to fix the issue.
Update the Alexa app
Before starting the connection process, make sure that the Alexa is up to date. You can either command Alexa to update itself, or go to the Apple Store or Play Store and update the device.
Reset Sengled bulb
You can also reset the Sengled Bulb if you are facing connection issue, to do that:
- Place your bulb in a lamp or light fixture, and turn it on.
- Now, switch on and off the bulb five times as fast as you can.
- If after the fifth time, the bulb flashes once, it is reset and ready to be paired with other devices.
Ensure the devices are placed nearby
Your Alexa may find it difficult to locate the Sengled Bulb if they are played too far apart. Therefore, during the initial connecting process place both devices nearby so the connection process goes smoothly
With that, we are at the end of the article. I hope the two methods mentioned above will help you connect the Sengled bulb to Alexa in no time. If you still have any queries or want to share your thoughts on the article, you can do that in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I control Sengled lights on Alexa?
The simplest way is to command Alexa to turn on/off the lights, you can also command Alexa to adjust the brightness of the light according to your liking.
You can also go to the Alexa app, go to lights, and select the light group or individual Sengled Bulb to manage it the way you want.
Do you need a Sengled hub to connect to Alexa?
No, you do not require Senged Hub to connect the bulb to Alexa. Just follow any one of the methods mentioned above and you should be able to connect the bulb to Alexa without any hassle.