Just got hold of PS5? Learn how to connect PS5 to the Monitor.
If you have got hold of a new PlayStation, the first deal is to connect the console to your monitor. However, if this is the first time you are trying to connect the devices, it can be a little intimidating.
Fortunately, the process is very concise and easy.
In the article below, I have explained the step-by-step process to connect PS5 to Monitor, and the troubleshooters you can follow if your Monitor isn’t connecting to your PS5.
How to Connect PS5 to the Monitor
Before you connect your Monitor to your PS5, make sure you set up your PS5 properly. Your PS5 comes with a round stand, you can use it to place your PS5 both horizontally and vertically.
Once placed properly near the monitor, follow the steps mentioned below to connect PS5 to the monitor:
- Insert HDMI cable into the Monitor.
- Insert HDMI into the PS5.
- Switch on the monitor and PS5.
Let’s go through these steps in detail:
Step 1: Insert HDMI cable into the Monitor.
Take the HDMI cable and insert one end of the cable into the HDMI port of your Monitor. There are at least two HDMI ports located at the back or on either side of your monitor. They are marked as HDMI 1 and 2.
Step 2: Insert HDMI into the PS5.
Take the other end of the cable and insert it into the HDMI port on the PS5. Make sure the port where you insert the cable is marked as HDMI, otherwise, you won’t be able to finish the connection process.
The HDMI port is located at the rear end of your PS5.
Step 3: Switch on the Monitor and PS5.
Once the connection is secured, and you have connected both devices with the HDMI cable, it is time to switch on both devices.
To switch on your Monitor, connect it to a power source, and then turn the power button to switch on the device.
To switch on the PS5, connect it to a power source and then press the power button. A blue LED light will display on your Playstation indicating it is switched on.
How to Set Up PS5 To Monitor
If this is the first time you are connecting your Playstation to a monitor, you will have to follow certain instructions to properly set up the devices and make them compatible with each other.
I have explained the instructions below:
- Connect the controller to the system: Once the monitor and PS5 are connected, connect your controller to the console, you can use the charging cable.
- Select your language: Once the controller is connected to the console, use it to select the language you most prefer.
- Set up your internet connection: You can use to controller to connect to a wireless network. You have to select the network, enter the password, and select OK.
- Adjust display settings: In this section, you have to adjust the size of the display area, you can use the D-Pad to control the up and down movement of the display area. Once you are satisfied, press “Select” at the lower right corner of the screen.
- Control power options for Rest Mode: There are three power modes displayed on the screen, you can select the one you desire, and then press “Select.”
- Read and accept the user agreement: At last, you will see the license agreement displayed on the screen, navigate over to the checkbox that says “I Agree” on the right, and tap on it. Click on “Confirm.”
Can’t Connect PS5 to the Monitor? Here’s What to Do
If you have tried and tried, but you cannot connect PS5 to the Monitor, it doesn’t necessarily mean your devices are impaired or damaged.
Sometimes small issues like network connectivity or frayed wires can cause the issue as well.
In this next section, I have explained the necessary steps you can follow to troubleshoot PS5 not connecting to your Monitor.
Check the HDMI cable: Make sure that the cable you are using to connect PS5 to the monitor is not damaged to frayed from anywhere.
If it is, replace it with a new one. The HDMI cables are readily available online as well as in your nearby stores.
Update PS5 console system software: To update your console follow these steps:
- On your monitor, go to Settings.
- Locate and click on the System option.
- Next, click on System Software
- Last, tap on System Software Update and Settings.
If “update available” is displayed on your screen, click on it, and update your device.
Restart your devices: To fix small glitches and bugs you can also switch off both devices, wait a few seconds, and switch them back again.`
With that, we are at the end of the article. Now you know how you can connect PS5 to the Monitor.
If you still have any doubts or thoughts on the article, please share them with us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I connect my PS5 to my TV and monitor?
You can use an HDMI cable to connect PS5 to a monitor or a TV. I have explained the process in the article above.
Why won’t my PS5 connect to my monitor?
If you are using a frayed or damaged HDMI cable you may find it difficult to connect PS5 to the monitor. Also, ensure your PS5 console system software is up to date.