This guide will help you connect Galaxy Buds to a MacBook in three simple steps. Whether you’re returning to a crowded office or one of many working from home, your Galaxy Buds are probably among your desk essentials — and your most reliable Bluetooth Buds.
While pairing Bluetooth earbuds with a smartphone is fairly intuitive, connecting them to a Mac is slightly less so. To avoid blasting your meeting through a quiet office or disrupting your partner’s work-from-home oasis you can connect them to your Mac.
In the article below, I have explained the step-by-step procedure to connect Galaxy Buds to a MacBook.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to a MacBook
To connect Galaxy Buds to a MacBook, follow these steps:
- Put the Galaxy Buds in pairing mode
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac.
- Connect Galaxy Buds to MacBook
Let’s go through the steps in detail:
Step 1: Put the Galaxy Buds in pairing mode
First and foremost, you have to put your Galaxy Buds into the pairing mode. Following are the two ways you can do that:
Place your buds back in the case, and close it. Wait for 5-6 seconds, and open the case back again. If the LED on the top of the case starts flashing, your Galaxy Buds are in pairing mode.
You can also manually put the case into pairing mode by following these steps:
- Take your Galaxy Buds, and place them in your ears.
- Press and hold the touch sensors on your Galaxy buds for at least 10 seconds. Once your buds start beeping successively, your buds are in pairing mode.
Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac.
- Now take your Macbook, and switch it on. Once the desktop screen opens on your Mac, go to the top right corner, and click on the “Apple icon.”
- Once the pop-up menu appears on your Mac, go to the “System preference” option, and click on it.
- A new window will open on your screen with different setting options, go to the Bluetooth icon, and click on it.
- Once the Bluetooth screen opens, tap on the toggle switch to enable bluetooth on your Mac.
- You can also switch on Bluetooth by clicking on the control center on the Menu Bar.
- Click on the Bluetooth option, and Say “Hey Siri, turn Bluetooth on”
Step 3: Connect Galaxy Buds to a MacBook
Once Bluetooth is enabled on your Mac, it will start looking for nearby devices, and display them on your Mac screen.
At this point make sure your Galaxy Buds are still in pairing mode. Once the Galaxy Buds display on your Mac screen, click on them.
Wait a while, once the Buds connect to your Mac you will receive a notification.
Can’t Connect Galaxy Buds to a MacBook? Try these Fixes
If you have followed the steps mentioned above, and still can’t connect Galaxy Buds to a MacBook, the issue can be related to your Buds as well as your Mac.
In this next section of the article, I have explained a few tips and tricks you can follow to find and solve Bluetooth connectivity issues.
1. Reconnect the Galaxy Buds.
Many times a simple do-over can fix whatever issues you might be facing while connecting your buds to the Mac.
Just remove the Galaxy Buds from the list of paired devices on your Mac, and put the Buds back in the case. After a while, start the connection process again and see if they connect.
2. Update your Mac
If your Mac isn’t up to date, the audio can start acting up. Here’s how you can check for updates on your Mac:
- Switch on your Mac, and click on the Apple logo. The logo is situated at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the pop-up menu, click on System Settings.
- Next, click on the General tab.
- Click on the Software update.
- At last, click on Restart Now to update your Mac.
In addition to that, make sure you have fully charged your Galaxy Buds before you start to connect them to your Mac.
Also, ensure your Mac isn’t connected to any other Bluetooth device, otherwise, your Galaxy Buds won’t be able to connect.
With that, we are at the end of the article. I hope now you know how you can connect Galaxy Buds to a Mac.
While connecting the Galaxy Buds to your Mac is a simple and easy process, it is important to ensure you have charged your Galaxy Buds prior.
If you still have any doubts or thoughts on the article, you can share them with us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I connect my earbuds to my Mac?
Yes, you can connect your earbuds to your Mac in three simple steps:
Put the Galaxy Buds in pairing mode
Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac.
Connect Galaxy Buds to MacBook.
Is there a Galaxy Buds app for Mac?
Go to the Samsung Galaxy Buds support page using your browser.
Select the Manuals & Downloads option.
Under this option, you will find the Mac application and a Windows application are available.