Listening to hip-hop, but the audio sucks! Connect Equalizer to Amplifier and augment your music-listening experience.
Whether it is a house party or a movie date, a good-quality sound system will elevate the whole experience to the next level. The powerful duo of equalizer and Amplifier is just what you need.
The equalizer will fine-tune the sound by allowing you to lower, boost, or maintain the same frequency, and the amplifier will boost the signal to bring you the best sound possible.
The process to connect Equalizer to Amplifier is fairly simple but can be complicated if this is the first time you are dealing with the devices.
In the article below, I have explained briefly how you can connect Equalizer to Amplifier.
How to Connect Equalizer to Amplifier: 6 Simple Steps
The equalizer and the amplifier work together to amp up the audio quality. The amplifier will help you to boost up the signal whereas the equalizer will help you to fine tune the audio signals thereby elevating the sound design.
Connecting an equalizer to an amplifier is a straightforward process. You must follow these six steps to connect an equalizer to an Amplifier.
- Arrange 2 RCA cables
- Connect the first pair of RCA between the Equalizer and Amplifier
- Connect the other pair of RCA between the Equalizer and Amplifier
- Switch on the pre-amp connection on the amplifier
- Turn on the receiver, equalizer, and amplifier to use your equalizer
Let’s go through these points in detail:
- Arrange 2 RCA cables
Since you’d have to run the connection on a loop i.e. from the equalizer to the amplifier and then back, you will require 2 pairs of RCA cables.
Make sure your equalizer and amplifier are placed close so the cables can cover the distance easily.
- Connect the first pair of RCA between the Equalizer and Amplifier.
Now go to your amplifier and equalizer take one of the RCA cables and insert one end of the cable to the pre-amp output channels on the amplifier and the other end of the cable to the pre-amp input channels on the equalizer.
The pre-amp input and output channels are on the rear end of the equalizer and amplifier.
- Connect the other pair of RCA between the Equalizer and Amplifier.
Now take the other pair of the RCA cables and insert one end of the cable into the output channel of the equalizer and the other end of the cable into the input channel the amplifier.
If your amplifier has tape monitor input rather than pre-amp output channels, you can use that as well.
- Switch on the pre-amp connection on the amplifier.
Once the cables are properly placed, the next step is to turn the switch to turn on the pre-amp connections.
If your amplifier has a tape monitor channel, you also have to switch on the tape monitor to switch on the amplifier and continue the process.
- Turn on the receiver, equalizer, and amplifier to use your equalizer.
At last, all you have to do is switch on the amplifier, receiver, and equalizer and adjust the levers according to your choice.
You should now be able to adjust the sound quality and play the music at different frequencies.
How to Connect Equalizer to Integrated Amplifier
The integrated Amplifier is very different from the amplifiers as it already integrates a pre-amplifier with a power amplifier.
Here’s how you can connect an equalizer to an integrated amplifier:
- You will require 2 pairs of RCA cables.
- Now go to your amplifier and equalizer take one of the RCA cables and insert one end of the cable into the pre-amp output channels on the amplifier and the other end of the cable into the pre-amp input channels on the equalizer.
- Now take the other pair of the RCA cables and insert one end of the cable into the output channel of the equalizer and the other end of the cable into the input channel the amplifier.
- Once the cables are properly placed, the next step is to turn the switch to turn on the pre-amp connections.
- At last, you have to connect both devices to a power outlet and turn them on.
Types of Connectors You Can Use to Connect Equalizer to Amplifier
There are three types of cables or connectors you can use to connect the Equalizer to the Amplifier.
- RCA (Radio Corporation of America) connectors
- TRS (Tip, Ring, and Sleeve) connectors
- XLR (External Line Return) connectors
The RCA cables are one of the most efficient and common ways to connect audio devices and transfer audio-video signals.
The TRS connector cable is another way to connect audio hardware. Their most common use to to connect two mono channels into one stereo channel.
The XLR cables are mostly used for connecting professional equipment and audio lighting for big stages.
With that, we are at the end of the article, the process of connecting the Equalizer to an amplifier is quite simple. In just a few simple steps you will be done with the process in no time.
If you still have any thoughts or queries on the article, you can share them with us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an equalizer in an amplifier?
An equalizer basically helps you to tweak the sound. They will help you to equalize the sound signal level and make them sound evenly loud when coming out of the speaker.
2. Do you need an equalizer with an amplifier?
An equalizer and amplifier are a perfect pair. The hardware when paid together will help you to get the best sound quality possible.
3. How do I connect an equalizer to an amplifier?
An equalizer can be connected to an amplifier with the help of an RCA cable. I have explained the whole process in the article above.